Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Learning about my body.. aka paying attention.

A few weeks ago my friend Necha told me that she is pregnant and i got so excited that I jumped up in the air and said "I love that baby!!" and when I came back down I landed in a hole my dog made in the yard and heard the loudest "CRACK!!" and then I was in a mud puddle crying for my husband who didn't hear me for like 10 minutes... The injury? a 2nd degree sprain with a snapped ligament.. not that bad, at least its not a break and I've had sprains before..... This mammajamma will not stop hurting so I asked my fave Bikram yoga instructor (Kerri Snead)what she thought about it and she said that I probably stand with most of my body weight on my right side since I'm right handed. OMG! Its true. I almost constantly stand a little crooked with all my body weight on the right leg. now that I'm noticing it and trying to correct it there are so many other things that I do to the right side.. like slumping. so I've been trying for about 3 days to stand differently and put more weight on the left foot and its amazing the difference in how i feel all over. Some of my back pain has gone away already. Geez, I should have listened to my body sooner.. what a dope.

1 comment: